[OSM-dev] Mapnik style broken?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 21:24:14 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 12:58 +0200, Sebastian Spaeth wrote:

> This should theoretically be ok, I think, but it might also break the
> things mentioned. Could you, or somebody who actually can render mapnik
> (haven't installed all dependencies here) try if removing that commented
> out thing helps? A simple test might be the wedge of forest which shows
> in osmarender, but not mapnik:
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html?lat=51.7648494192975&lon=-0.308752428412556&zoom=15

I guess you mean the way(id=4372580, natural=wood). That is being hidden
by way(id=4044516, landuse=residential). The reason is pretty
straightforward -- neither area has a layer= attribute so the rendering
order of these two features is currently undefined.

I have just set layer=-1 on the large landuse area which should ensure
that any other object will be rendered over the top of this.

Is setting landuse to layer=-1 a generally acceptable solution?

	Jon