[OSM-dev] How to handle FreeThePostCode tickets?

Shaun McDonald shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 22:19:55 BST 2007

On 14 May 2007, at 21:42, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> Is there a set method for submitting patches? Is there a page on
>> the  wiki for this?
>
> Not that I am aware of.

OK, then I have have added a slightly modified version of what is
below at
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Developer#Submitting_Code>.

> Basically we have three kinds of applications:
>
> 1. Applications where anybody can submit a patch and it will be
> more or less automatically used. This is the case for example with
> the tiles at home client, where you just apply your patch to the SVN,
> maybe add a message to the wiki pagem, and it will be pulled by the
> clients without further ado.
>
> 2. Applications where anybody can submit a patch (and apply it to
> SVN) but, being a server application, the patch only becomes active
> when the server admin updates from SVN. Depending on the personal
> preferences of the admin in charge, pulling stuff from SVN may be
> standard operating procedure, or may be done only on request, and
> some might even have problems with pulling stuff from SVN because
> they never check in their changes ;-)
>
> 3. Applications outside of our shared SVN, like JOSM, where it is
> the responsibility of those with SVN access to deal with patches.
>
>> P.S. I have a patch attached to
>> <http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/140> which I would like to
>> be  applied. :-)
>
> For JOSM patches, I do regularly check the JOSM SVN but if you
> write something on the list or email me directly, you might get a
> patch in quicker. (Also, plain and simple patches will be accepted
> quicker, because for the more complex ones that may turn JOSM on
> its head if one is not careful, I often talk to Imi and do some
> tests myself before applying it.)
>
> Your .gpx.gz patch is applied and will be in josm-latest.jar from
> tomorrow morning if it is autobuild's will.

Thank you. :-)

Please see
<http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Talk:NMEA> for an updated
script for conversion and compression of the NMEA files. I put it on
the talk page as I'm not sure it is robust enough yet.

Shaun