[OSM-dev] VMWare player image

Robert Hart bathterror at gmail.com
Wed May 16 14:18:27 BST 2007

On 16/05/07, Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro at arjam.net> wrote:

> Would anyone be interested in setting up and/or using a VMWare player
> Debian image for developing OSM with? It would need to have MySQL,
> Rails, PostGIS, all the T at H stuff, mapnik etc. and all their
> prerequisites installed and running on bootup. It would need some
> scripts to download the latest planet or an extract of it and insert it
> into a local database, and howtos.

Wouldn't time be better spent finishing of getting OSM stuff packaged
properly in the first place? Even if we can't/don't want to get all
our stuff into Debian proper, then we can at least have our own
unofficial repository. I'd rather not have to download a large VM
image every time there's a one line change to some perl script or
other.

--
Robert Hart