[OSM-dev] MAPNIK - proposal to drop rendering of underground railway lines

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 16:15:17 BST 2007

To clarify, by underground railways I mean railways that go under the
ground.  They cant be seen from the surface and so are not useful for
navigation.  Further, I'm not sure if the underground lines in London, at
least, should even be in OSM as they are just straight lines inbetween
stations and don't represent geometry.  The nodes should be in the db, but
the lines should be inserted by the renderer/editor or whatever client is
being used.

Trains that usually go overground but are temorarily diverted underground,
*could* be rendered - mainly for the sake of not having a gap in their
tracks on the map, which could not be distinguished from an acutal gap or
the end of the line.  However, I suspect that the resulting map would again
be too cluttered.

On 5/16/07, Robert (Jamie) Munro <rjmunro at arjam.net> wrote:

--
Nick Black