[OSM-dev] Mysql on dev *very* fragile!

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri May 18 10:58:51 BST 2007

Hi,

> Just tried populating MySQL on dev with a test OSM database for a
> *very small*
> area of the planet (0.1 x 0.1 degree) using planetosm-to-db.pl.
> Even that
> seems to kill it - anything I can do for more chance of success?

Stop tiles at home as long as you need the Mysql ;)

I've just commited a few "emergency" fixes to tiles at home site
directory in SVN which should disable the keeping of statistics for
tiles of level13 and higher (the are not really needed). This should
reduce the amount of "replace" queries by a factor of a few hundred
once it is installed. (E-Mailed OJW separately.)

Bye
Frederik