[OSM-dev] Disappearing Roads

Cory Lueninghoener cluening at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:57:24 BST 2007

Last night I was playing with potlatch on downtown Chicago (somewhere
around 41.8822, 87.6295), and when I was done I wanted to clean up a
few things in JOSM.  When I downloaded the area, I found that many of
the already-existing ways and segments (perhaps points too) in the
area had disappeared.  I tried the same with the josm-latest from last
night and saw the same thing.  Oddly, all of the parts still show up
in potlatch, and they still do this morning on a different computer
while JOSM still can't see them.  Is this another known problem
related to the 0.4 API upgrade, or is something more sinister going on
here?

I'm relatively new to the OSM world, so I'm not quite smart enough to
track the problem down further at the moment, but I'll happily lend a
hand as needed to keep my hard work from disappearing.

--
Cory Lueninghoener
Perl, C, & Linux Hacker