[OSM-dev] Disappearing Roads

Mon May 21 20:24:48 BST 2007

Andy Robinson wrote:

> Cory,
>
> Do you have a view bbox or lat & lon limits from JOSM for the area
> concerned?

Cory mentioned these ways (in private e-mail):

> 4630406
> 4630400
> 4630403
> 4547188

If I manually fetch a relevant bbox from the API:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.4/map?
bbox=-87.630,41.886,-87.627,41.889

then save as a .osm file, and load into JOSM, it seems quite happy
and I can see the ways. Similarly, if I look at the .osm file they
seem to be in there.

But if I punch this bounding box into JOSM, or even copy and paste
the URL, then it doesn't work. Either I get a 500, or a complaint
about "Error when parsing: unknown version: null".

cheers
Richard