[OSM-dev] Josm throwing exceptions when predicting values

John McKerrell john at mckerrell.net
Mon May 28 01:58:19 BST 2007

Hi

I've been away for the past week, near Malaga, Spain. While I was
there I picked up some traces and have been putting them into OSM
tonight. I've noticed that the daily josm snapshot now has a feature
to allow you to select from the previous used values for a tag to
complement the already existing feature that let you select from the
previously used keys. Unfortunately sometimes when I use a key, josm
is throwing an exception. Fortunately it doesn't break anything, but
it is a little annoying. I thought it was when I used a key that
hadn't already been used (which was relatively often in this area as
it's fairly virgin territory) but it may simply be the fact that the
key isn't in a predefined list that someone has compiled.

Mentioned it on IRC but noone seemed to know anything and I couldn't
see anything on the list (though I'm afraid I didn't read all the
messages from the past week) so I thought I'd drop a note here.

John

P.S. Joerg - hope you had a good time when you were in this area ;-)