[OSM-dev] What do we do with tags with empty keys or values?

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Wed May 30 17:27:23 BST 2007

Hi,

Todays planet.osm contains 1700 objects with empty tag names (446 with tag
k="" and 1239 with tag k=" ").

There are far more empty values, though, grepping for v="" gives me 67109
hits.

What should we do with those tags? Is there any use for them or could they
be safely removed? If so, would it be better to remove them via the API or
directly via SQL access to the database?

Regards,
Hakan

--
The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering...