[OSM-dev] Units in the Mapnik .xml file?

Thu Nov 1 14:12:49 GMT 2007

Ulf Lamping wrote:

> NO!!! The real entry barrier is a lot of people with IMHO strange
> opinions how things should be. I remember something like: "We don't want
> to have too much details in the map - even at zoomlevel 17" is one of
> the reasons that completely drove me away from doing anything in the
> osmarender / mapnik regard.

That's not strange - that's the essence of good cartography.

Personally I see Osmarender as the "community" map and the Mapnik
layer as "OSM's answer to Google Maps", which would suggest that the
place for completeness is Osmarender. But as it's not a project I'm
involved in, it's not really any of my business.

cheers
Richard