[OSM-dev] osmosis utf-8

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:34:27 GMT 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 12:56 PM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
> I did a quick test as you said changing line 111 of BaseXmlWriter from
> using a "UTF-8" encoding to "ISO-8859-1" encoding.
>
> It results in the tag being written as:
> <tag k="name" v="Ilmenauer Stra�?e"/>

Ok, just checking: it's still connecting to the DB with UTF-8 right,
so it's not mysql putting in the questions marks? (you see, I expect
Java to throw an exception if the encoding fails).

With the DB connection in UTF-8 can you show the output of
getBytes("UTF-8") of the value of that tag, because it's now totally
unclear to me what you're actually getting out of the DB.

Have a nice day,