[OSM-dev] osmosis utf-8

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Fri Nov 9 10:24:19 GMT 2007

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 9:38 AM, Brett Henderson <brett at bretth.com> wrote:
>
>> I have written most of the encoder but it is still failing because I
>> haven't completed all the character conversions.  Specifically I'm missing:
>> 0x81
>> 0x8D
>> 0x8F
>> 0x90
>> 0x9D
>>

> Judging by the page on ICU, they simply map to themselves... But we'll
> see how it goes...
>
> Have a nice day,

Done.  All works as you said.  I found examples of all the missing
character and verified that they map directly.  The only example of 8D
was a user name on one of the ways.

So from this point on all daily diffs should be correct.  Anybody
wishing to get a proper data snapshot will have to resync with a planet.

I'll fix the last couple of daily diffs though so this week's planet can
be used.