[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Automatic coastline "smoothing"

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Mon Nov 12 09:55:32 GMT 2007

Hi,

>> Has someone put any effort towards the above, and if so, has it
>> run on
>> the DB directly or used a sort of bulk uploader for that task?
>
> Any chance people can ask that it not be used on certain coastline
> areas
> that have already been manually adjusted?

I don't know what kind of smoothing deelkar hat in mind but I'm sure
that it could be restricted to things tagged "source=PGS" or so.
Because if you manually adjust something that was originally from a
PGS source, then you'd remove the source tag or replace it with
whatever you used as a reference, wouldn't you?

Bye
Frederik