[OSM-dev] Automatic coastline "smoothing"

David Groom reviews at pacific-rim.net
Mon Nov 12 13:52:34 GMT 2007

blank
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Groom" <david at dmgroom.wanadoo.co.uk>
To: "David Groom" <reviews at pacific-rim.net>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2007 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Automatic coastline "smoothing"

Not always, no.  I manually adjusted almost the entire coastline of the UK,
initially to landsat, and later in many places to Yahoo where available.

It was time consuming enough moving the nodes, without having to retag the
source (which would I estimate have more than doubled the editing time).  I
couldn't do a bulk replace of the source tag, as some nodes I left intact.

David