[OSM-dev] 500 Server Error ... when deleting an OSM element

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Nov 27 16:23:03 GMT 2007

In message <18252.16009.613302.20541 at comedy.dante.de>
        Bernd Raichle <bernd at dante.de> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 27 November 2007 14:50:15 +0000,
>
>  > Well I've just deleted that node via the API and it worked fine.
>
> Ok, I have tried it on the "telnet" level without authentification
> ... and found _my_ "error".  I work behind a very strict firewall and
> a restricted http proxy.  The IT admins seems to have changed the
> allowed http methods over the weekend.  GET and PUT is still working
> (haha :-), but DELETE is not :-(.

It shouldn't really be returning 500 though - it really ought to
be returning "403 Forbidden" or maybe "405 Method Not Allowed" if
that is the problem.

Even 501 or 503 would make more sense than 500 which is explicitly
define to mean that the server encountered some kind of unexpected
internal error.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)