[OSM-dev] planetosm-to-db.pl: Planet.osm too big for it?

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sun Oct 7 11:21:17 BST 2007

On Sunday 07 Oct 2007 10:33, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Following about a 6 week gap I tried to produce another UK-only planet on
> dev last night using planetosm-excerpt-area.pl, but it randomly died with
> no indication why in the logfile. It wasn't a disc space problem (despite
> the huge planet file!) Has anyone else had this behaviour?
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

OK I ran it standalone instead of part of a script to do loads of things and I
now get an error (was obviously lost in the logfile before):

It seems that the planet is too big for the perl libraries to deal with or
something:

Bit::Vector::Bit_On(): index out of range
at /home/nick/bin/planetosm-excerpt-area.pl line 131, <XML> line 123032327.

This is using the latest SVN version of the OSM tools.
Without knowing about Bit::Vector does anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks,
Nick