[OSM-dev] Daily diff's retry

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Thu Oct 11 07:07:16 BST 2007

On Wed, Oct 10, 2007 at 10:34:12AM +0200, spaetz wrote:
> I updated osmosis to the latest version and checked my cron script to produce daily diffs with osmosis. If things work out, there should be daily diffs out there on planet.openstreetmap from now on. No promises that it will work though :-).

Reply to myself: It worked. We have now: http://planet.openstreetmap.org/2007-10-10--10-11-00:01:02.osc.bz2

I intend to keep the last 7 daily osmosis changesets and delete older one. Changesets use the end time of the previous changeset as the starting point, so they should not miss out any changes if osmosis works as advertized.

The file naming scheme is a little complicated and I take suggestions for better ones.

Now people don't have a reason anymore to complain about too long intervals between updates; take the daily diffs and make your maps current!

spaetz