[OSM-dev] planet diff and excerpts

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Oct 11 13:57:38 BST 2007

Hi,

    probably a question to Brett H but I think others may be interested.

Say I have a planet extract containing Germany, and I want to keep
that up to date using the planet diffs.

Then I'll just apply the normal (full planet) diffs to my extract and
run a new polygon extraction on the result which will give me the
updated excerpt, right?

And afterwards I could diff my old data and my new data and thus
create a diff that is limited to the excerpted area.

I don't suppose it would be possible to make something like a polygon
excerpt from a diff, because the diff doesn't necessarily contain the
location where a change occurred (if the change is e.g. in a way).

Bye
Frederik