[OSM-dev] coast_josm: limit the nodes per way to 250 max.

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Sat Oct 13 15:00:11 BST 2007

On 13/10/2007, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > attached is a small patch to limit the way length to 250 nodes maximum.
>
> Applied, thanks. Such a limit was in there before, and I accidentally
> dropped it when implementing my simplification algorithm.

Argh, wish I'd noticed that this had been done before I converted and
started uploading the coastline file I'd created and touched up a bit just
before the 0.5 switchover... The one produces a file 1/4 the size of the one
produced by the old coast_josm.pl, 1/3 the size of the converted one...

Interestingly, for this area, it still seems to get pretty much 99% of the
'segments' in the wrong direction... With the last version I just did a
select all reverse, renumber which then meant only having to tidy up that 1%
that were right... Is this something strange relating to the different
source files having different directions?