[OSM-dev] Basic GPX parser in OpenLayers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Oct 18 14:58:05 BST 2007

On Thu, Oct 18, 2007 at 02:54:42PM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> In message <20071018133633.GB19498 at metacarta.com>
>         Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know if this will make it into OpenLayers 2.6 -- if you have an
> > interest in seeing this in OpenLayers, expressing that interest now
> > would be a good way to encourage me :)
>
> I think it would be a most excellent addition - the trace list on
> the web site could then have a link to take you straight to the
> slippy map with the trace overlaid on it.

Note that parsing Very Large data could take awhile -- I don't know how
long of tracks people typically upload. The 1000 point track from my
commute this morning was ~200kb -- but my GPS recording client is kinda
verbose.

Anyone have some examples of how big a 'large' gpx file usually is for
them that I can try out for performance?

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta