[OSM-dev] Osmosis on etch x86?

Joerg Ostertag openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Fri Oct 19 17:30:02 BST 2007

Am Freitag, 19. Oktober 2007 04:12:28 schrieb Brett Henderson:
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > So, I decided I'd give osmosis a go tonight. After not understanding
> > that I can't just download from svn ... :) I got it from the .zip, an
> > extracted it.
>
> Downloading the zip as you've done is the easiest way to go.
>
> You can download from svn if you're prepared to compile it, that will
> require a working jdk and the ant tool to be installed.

A possible shortcut in compiling would be to download from svn, then go to the
application/utils directory and do an debuild in this directory. After this
you should have the openstreetmap-utils.deb package. Then you install the
resulting package on you machine. Maybe this saves you some hazel with
compiling.

Joerg