[OSM-dev] Script to automatically update a database?

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Sun Oct 21 17:56:11 BST 2007

Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2007 at 03:16:29PM +0200, Hakan Tandogan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Are there already finished scripts that create / update a local database
>> from the daily diffs? I think I should ask the list before starting to
>> build yet another local version ;-)
>
> Isn't that what osmosis does?

Yes, but I was thinking about a script that does the daily downloading
and feeding it into the database. Basically, I need something to put
into the crontab and forget ;-)

Getting such a script really failsafe is quite a bit of work, but I
think I'll start working on one...

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.