[OSM-dev] Connecting to OSM Postgis db from PHP (or Perl...)

Martin Spott Martin.Spott at mgras.net
Sun Oct 21 22:04:37 BST 2007

Hi Nick,

Nick Whitelegg wrote:

> Has anyone tried connecting to the OSM Postgis database using PHP (or indeed
> any other scripting language like Perl?) There are a number of things I want
> to do with Freemap and not being over familiar with Postgis (other than the
> fact that it seems to be harder to work with than MySQL!!!) some code samples
> would be good.

Hehe, what you call "harder to work with" is probably the same effect
that I would call "consistent" or "well defined" ....  just a guess  :-)

There are a lot of nice examples for PostGIS usage at:

  http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html

What actually are you looking for ? At 'mapserver.flightgear.org' -
currently down because the building's power supply is being rewired -
I'm using PHP as well as Python for connecting my PostGIS database. I
might help if you tell me what you are looking for.

Cheers,
	Martin.