[OSM-dev] TIGER, which states next?

Ted Mielczarek ted at mielczarek.org
Tue Oct 23 19:09:50 BST 2007

On 10/23/07, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
> Just let me know where, and I'll send you your county so that you can do
> this.

Northampton County, PA is where my home town is.  Thanks!

> > In particular, from a brief survey, it looks like the northern part of
> > the state is mostly empty:
> > http://county-map.digital-topo-maps.com/pennsylvania-county-map.gif
> > http://openstreetmap.org/?lat=41&lon=-77.43&zoom=8&layers=B0F
>
> If you could look up a list of the counties and let me know what they
> are, that would be wonderful.

>From an unscientific survey, you can probably do:
Wayne
Pike
Lackawanna
Susquehanna
Bradford
Wyoming
Sullivan
Tioga
Potter
McKean
Warren

I'd have to get an overlay on the slippy map to get more precise, but
those counties look empty.  We could probably get a lot of the rest of
the state in as well, since there are lots of places with just
interstates.

Thanks,
-Ted