[OSM-dev] TIGER, which states next?

Karl Newman siliconfiend at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 17:35:31 BST 2007

On 10/23/07, Karl Newman <siliconfiend at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/23/07, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
> > I'm basically out of empty states to upload. I've done Oregon,
> > Washington, Montana, North/South Dakota, Alabama and Georgia.  Should I
> > just start uploading over existing data, or are there some large swaths
> > of states out there that I can put in the queue?
> >
> > -- Dave
>
> The following Northwest California counties are pretty empty right now
> (except for some major roads and coastlines):
> Del Norte
> Humboldt
> Mendocino
> Trinity
> Lake
>
> There's a bunch of unwayed segments and unwayed nodes in there. I
> might purge those out before you start the upload.
>
> I'm looking at Northeast CA right now to find more candidates.

Okay, someone has done a fair amount of mapping around Lassen NP, but
I don't think the TIGER data will collide too much. So, I think you
can safely add the following Northeast CA counties, too:
Siskiyou
Shasta
Tehama
Plumas
Butte
Glenn
Colusa
Yuba
Sierra
Nevada

I'll keep looking for more candidates in CA. (I'm using data from the
planet file and looking at the results in JOSM).