[OSM-dev] Possible Potlatch Bugs (was: Daily Diff Merging)

Thu Oct 25 01:48:34 BST 2007

Brett Henderson wrote:

> The history is a bit odd. The sequence of events appears to be:
> * Node is created.
> * Node is deleted immediately followed by way creation referring to
> it.
> * Way and node are both updated but node is still deleted (ie. not
> visible).
>
> Can anybody shed some light on why this is occurring?

I'm continuing to look into this one. It may well be connected with
the repeatedly mentioned bug whereby a "whichways" call (i.e. get
POIs) can take place halfway through a "putway" call (i.e. save way)
- in other words, when the nodes have been written but not the way,
causing whichways to identify them as POIs. The user then sees these
misleading POI nodes and tries to delete them. I have tried to squash
this bug but haven't managed yet.

Anyone else is very welcome to look over the Potlatch source, it
doesn't just have to be me... :)

cheers
Richard