[OSM-dev] OSM over Yahoo! Satellite

D Tucny d at tucny.com
Thu Oct 25 19:11:54 BST 2007

On 25/10/2007, Christopher Schmidt <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2007 at 03:34:33PM +0100, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> > It's possible -- but you'd need to create a different tile set.
>
> Done.
>
> http://t3.hypercube.telascience.org/tiles/1.0.0/osm-merc-google-hybrid/13/2477/3030.png
> is one tile in the set. You can see it in action at
>
> http://labs.metacarta.com/osm/over-yahoo/?zoom=13&lat=5216129.69185&lon=-7913735.73909&layers=BFTF
>
> Turn the opacity slider all the way to full on the tileset labeled with
> my name, and you'll see transparent tiles over Yahoo satellite.

Looks very cool! Just noticed something a bit odd though, guess it might be
something to do with the yahoo stuff, but, double clicking to zoom in, got
to maximum zoom, double clicked some more which re-centred the image, then
it seemed to stop moving the OSM layer, after that only the yahoo layer was
moving around until I zoomed back out again, this was dragging or using the
arrow buttons... But, apart from that, very cool :)