[OSM-dev] Requesting re-rendering of TIGER data

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:22:42 BST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-04 at 11:11 -0700, Dave Hansen wrote:
> I know mapnik is rendered from the planet dumps, but I'd also really
> like to see the TIGER counties rendered as they are completed.

There is no need to wait for the import/planet dump cycle. The tiger.osm
data can be imported straight into a new Mapnik layer (or even merged
with the existing OSM data during the rendering).

The most tricky thing will be adjusting the scripts on tile to render
and serve tiles for 2 different layers. The whole thing could be done in
the next few days.

Should we do this on tile, dev or somewhere else?

	Jon