[OSM-dev] 500 errors during TIGER upload

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Thu Sep 6 08:32:11 BST 2007

In message <1189051447.21340.40.camel at localhost>
        Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 19:25 +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
>> In message <1189012764.21340.20.camel at localhost>
>> >
>> > Where does that 10,000 request limit come from?  I've heard it
>> > mentioned, but I don't know about its origin.
>>
>> config/environment.rb in the server code is where it is defined.
>
> OK, but why is there a limit in the first place?  Why don't the daemons
> just run forever?

Basically in case of memory leaks.

Originally the libxml wrapper was leaking like a sieve and we had to
put a limit in. Those leaks (or at least the worst of them) were fixed
and the limit was raised to 10000.

I haven't really had a chance to work out if there are still leaks and
if there are to try and fix them...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)