[OSM-dev] Final kinks in osmosis planet dumping

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Mon Sep 10 11:32:58 BST 2007

Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Brett Henderson wrote:
>

>> **** 3. Re-ordered attributes.
>> osmosis is writing element attributes in a different order to planet.rb.
>>

> This is potentially a problem for close-areas.pl in osmarender (which
> parses XML due to regexps, eww) - not saying that this ordering will
> necessarily break things, but that it's worth checking to make sure it
> doesn't.  (I've been bitten by this in the past when using ElementTree
> in Python, which always orders attributes alphabetically.)

I think I should just change the ordering to match the existing planet
dump.  The upcoming 0.5 API release will provide a good opportunity to
revisit this.
>> **** 6. Minimum of Java 1.6
>> Dev currently has jdk1.5 installed preventing osmosis from running.  The
>> only code requiring 1.6 is the --bounding-polygon task.
>>

> Out of curiosity, does it work with gcj?  (Is gcj even remotely
> competitive yet?)

I haven't tried.  While it would be cool to get it working on a free
runtime, I just haven't had the time to look into it.  Hopefully with
the upcoming free runtime from Sun this is less of an issue.