[OSM-dev] Renderer request: railroad

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Mon Sep 10 17:35:30 BST 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 19:22 -0500, Alex L. Mauer wrote:
> Since the TIGER data includes railway=abandoned, it would be good if the
> renderers would render it.
>
> It appears that TIGER cfcc b16 should be railway=disused rather than
> railway=abandoned.  Dave, would it be hard to change that in the
> existing data for upload before too much more is uploaded?

I'd either have to re-convert the data, which isn't a lot of fun and
takes ~10 days, or write a script to convert them before upload.

But, we have 131 counties uploaded already and we have to fix those
anyway.  So, I think we should probably just either teach the renderer
about railway=abandoned, or bulk-change it in the DB.

-- Dave