[OSM-dev] API 0.5 is on the way

Gabriel Ebner ge at gabrielebner.at
Tue Sep 11 09:58:24 BST 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 10:44:30AM +0200, Håkon Enger wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Frederik Ramm wrote:
>
>> Current ways will be split into several parts where the new model cannot
>> accomodate their complexity
>
> I suppose this means that a relationship grouping the different parts of a
> way split in this fashion will be added as well? (To accomodate for lakes
> with islands and other areas with "holes" in them, etc.)

Yeah, that's how it's going to happen.  The migration script just adds a
relation like the following:

  <relation id="123">
    <member type="way" ref="1001" role=""/>
    <member type="way" ref="1002" role=""/>
    <member type="way" ref="1003" role=""/>
    <tag k="type" v="multipolygon"/>
  </relation>

If you have a better idea of how to do these relations (e.g. put the
natural=water tag on the relation instead of the ways) then please voice it
now before we're doing the automated migration.

  Gabriel.