[OSM-dev] API 0.5 is on the way

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:58:52 BST 2007

On 9/14/07, michael J <michael_j at email.de> wrote:
> I am looking for the following additional information:
> - DTD reference information for the 'Advanced Object Access Methods' is
> a similar manner as for the 'Basic Objects'

Identical to the rest really, in particular the bbox request. Just a
long list of objects.

> - Some information on the returned 'id' of the
>    HTTP method 'Creation   PUT /api/0.5/<objtype>/create'

Confused bme at first too, but it's really just the number (without
trailing newline).

> - Information on the 'id'-space of the nodes, ways and relations. It is
> my understanding that the same id e.g. 5657 can be used for nodes, ways
> and relations.

Correct.

> - 'id' is defined as 64 Bit Integer number.(Is this correct?)

I suppose so.

> 1) Relation definition which allows any unordered 'member', 'tag'
> combination, that contains at least one 'member' as child node:
>
> <!ELEMENT relation (tag*, member, (member | tag)*)>

Frederik kicked me for this: he suggests that a relation needs either
a member or a tag but not both.

> The current "<!ELEMENT relation ((tag|member)+)>" allows relations
> containing a single 'member' or a single 'tag' element as child.

Correct.

> 2) Way definition which allows any unordered 'nd', 'tag' combination,
> that contains at least two 'nd' elements as child elements:
>
> <!ELEMENT way (tag*, nd, tag*, nd,(nd|tag)*)>

Good idea, changed that.

Getting there, slowly:
http://dev.openstreetmap.org/~kleptog/osm-0.5.dtd

Have a nice day,