[OSM-dev] Unwayed segments (was: API 0.5 is on the way)

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Sep 16 03:27:27 BST 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Sep 15, 2007 at 07:56:41AM +0100, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
> Would be good to have a map showing where the biggest concentrations
> of unwayed segments are.

I've compiled a list of the top-100 "hot spots" of unwayed segments:

http://openstreetmap.gryph.de/unwayed.html

The z12 tile with the highest number of unwayed segments has 2.274 of
them and is in the US somewhere; the list ends at 613 unwayed
segments. The UK tile with the highest number is a place named "Sale"
to the southwest of Manchester with roughly 1,800 unwayed segments.

(I've liberally excluded a big rectangle around the Netherlands as
there were as many as 6,000 unwayed segments on these tiles due to the
ongoing AND import.)

If anyone wants the top-500 just shout ;-)

Bye
Frederik