[OSM-dev] Osma style guides

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Tue Sep 18 08:48:43 BST 2007

Hi all, I am still impressed by steve Chilton's talk at last SOTM, especially when it comes to the consistency (or inconsistency) of renderer styles, color choices and such. I know that I've been pulling colour codes out of my nose whenever I needed some. It is clear, that we'll never reach consistency this way...

I've been thinking of some "style guidelines", like the Tango project has, which designs icons for desktops (http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Icon_Theme_Guidelines).
They define a palette with colors that can be used and other rules and guidelines that should be followed in general. Something like this would be useful to renderers such as osmarender, wouldn't it?

I've been thinking whether we should create a wiki page and develop something along those lines. Would peopple be interested in joining in and discussing/developing such guidelines? WOuld sth like this be useful at all?

spaetz