[OSM-dev] Downtime

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Fri Sep 21 09:25:00 BST 2007

In order to overcome the recent slowdown in API performance we need
to take the API offline for a few hours to allow the node tables to
be reindexed using a tile based indexing scheme.

We plan to do this tonight, starting at 23:00 UK time, or 22:00 GMT.

Hopefully this will only take about three hours and the API will be
back in the early hours of Saturday morning - the very latest I would
expect it to be available again is around 0700 UK time on Saturday.

Apologies for the short notice, but this is getting quite urgent and
hopefully the result should be a faster API and more efficient editing
for everybody.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)