[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] FW: OSM stats quote for a paper

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Sep 21 13:54:28 BST 2007

Hi,

> I'm keen to know how to do the same thing - I'd love to write that
> there are currently "XX km of National Cycle Network routes" but I've
> no idea how to try generating the stats.

First excerpt the area you are interested in using the polygon
excerpt script or something (the road length counting script won't
work on the full planet due to memory issues). Then use the script in
applications/utils/filter/osm-length.

If you have the data in a PostGIS database (as created by osm2pgsql)
then there's some easy way of letting PostGIS do it all for you but I
forgot.

Bye
Frederik