[OSM-dev] Osmarender / railway=viaduct

Jon Bright jon at siliconcircus.com
Sun Sep 23 20:12:35 BST 2007

Hi,

I noticed that railway=viaduct doesn't render in Osmarender.  (See e.g.
http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=51.39998643419709&lon=7.421803628186932&zoom=17&layers=0B00F000
- between the two pieces of railway, there's a railway=viaduct crossing
the river/lake.)

On going to look at adding it, I noticed that there are different
rendering classes for railway=rail, railway=light_rail/tram,
railway=monorail and so forth.  So... what should railway=viaduct look
like?  My guess would be that viaducts only really apply to railway=rail
- but that does seem to be a little restrictive.  Is there a reason that
railway=viaduct isn't railway=rail/whatever, bridge=yes?

--
Jon