[OSM-dev] New, faster, planet dump tool

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Tue Sep 25 09:21:08 BST 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 11:35:38PM +0100, Jon Burgess wrote:
> I've just added a C implementation of the planet.rb script into SVN. The
> new code is approximately 10 times faster in my tests:

Sounds nice. So far my plan was to switching to osmosis for the planet dumps which is significantly faster than the ruby planet dump as well. I don't know whether you guys want to coordinate on whether the C implementation is worth the effort, rather than focusing on osmosis for now.

I'll use whatever is faster and reliably produces a planet output.

spaetz