[OSM-dev] New, faster, planet dump tool

spaetz osm at sspaeth.de
Wed Sep 26 07:05:11 BST 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 07:19:33PM +1000, Brett Henderson wrote:
> At the end of the day I don't really mind which tool is used.  osmosis
> is aiming to eliminate planet dumping altogether, how we get there
> doesn't matter.

BTW, I set up a cronjob that should produce daily diff files with osmosis and publish them on planet.openstreetmap.org. Only the last 7 diffs will be kept. Together with our daily planet dumps (although the daily diff's are no consistent changesets from the planet dumping time) this should allow us to stay up-to-date on a daily base (might be interesting for zappy or whatever).

It didn't work correct tonight, but it should produce changeset's each midnight from now on.

Hopefully that will facilitate the spread and use of osmosis if there are datasets out there that are actually useful.

spaetz