[OSM-dev] Osmosis Plans

Brett Henderson brett at bretth.com
Wed Sep 26 23:54:55 BST 2007

Robert (Jamie) Munro wrote:
> If it only takes 5 minutes we can run it much more often than once a
> day. IMHO, If we can run hourly dumps in less than half an hour, then we
> should. Seeing as it looks (below) like we can run them in probably less
> than a minute, I think we should consider going even more frequent -
> perhaps every 10 minutes, and combining them into one changeset file
> every hour, and combining those every day. Keep enough files around to
> quickly go from the last planet dump to the latest 10 minute diff.

I think the main limiting factor for this is the scripting required to
track all the files produced.  But I agree this is an approach we should
aim for.

osmosis should scale linearly down to any time interval (within reason
but 1 minute intervals is possible).  It can also combine multiple
changesets into larger changesets if required.  Again, it's just a
matter of tracking all the files.