[OSM-dev] Addressable maps & updated URL?

Christophe Cattelain xof at skynet.be
Fri Sep 28 07:11:41 BST 2007

Hi,

This is my first post; I hope it is not off-topic...

OpenStreetMap is 'addressable', I can use :

    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=50.637&lon=5.578&zoom=12&layers=B0F

But, when I move the map, the URL is not updated the way
http://wikimapia.org does it.

However, it is easy to implement, one just has to change 'location.href'
on a 'moveend' event...
Something like

location.href="http://www.openstreetmap.org/#lat=50.72&lon=5.65&zoom=12&layers=B0F";

Notice the '#' in place of the '?' in the URL; otherwise, the page is
(automaticaly) reloaded!

I hope that this is the place to suggest this very usefull (and easy to
implement) modification...

xof,
Liege, Belgium