[OSM-dev] New to OSM

Fri Apr 4 07:35:52 BST 2008

Matt Ludlum wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> I came across this project when applying for the Google's Summer of
> Code. It is a really neat project and I've been reading up ever since
> finding it.

Cool, thanks for liking it. We welcome you to
> I'm very interested in the generalization problem stated in the SoC wiki
> page and would like to help out with it during this summer. Is there any
> particular place I should start reading?

Not that I'd know of, sorry. Perhaps others will be able to point you to
things. Note that IMHO such a "generalization" would have to happen on
either a per renderer level (osma or mapnik), or you would have to
implement a kind of "OSM file preprocessor" to make things work for all
kinds of applications.

spaetz