[OSM-dev] download a bbox from tiles

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:43:13 BST 2008

Many advanced systems - like OpenJump or JOSM - can read WMS as background
raster images and I could use it myself in a cool mobile tagging system.

Does someone have an explanation, why the WMS service has been abandoned?
(see http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/WMS_Server)

I read the  'history' tab to to find out more but only found a note that
"most of the WMS urls on this page return 404's."

-- Stefan