[OSM-dev] Mapnik dist-upgrade broke my rendering

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Apr 12 20:36:24 BST 2008

Hi,

   the last time I used Mapnik and osm2pgsql was in January, and I
used a current SVN version of everything then, and it worked.

Today I did a dist-upgrade on mapnik and recompiled. I had to change
my python script slightly (with "save" now being a method of the Image
object), and now it runs, but produces very strange results,
where all the forests look brown and nothing else is rendered apart
from funny numbers along the street axes, see:

http://www.remote.org/frederik/tmp/broken.png

I suspected that the problem might be a changed data structure in
PostGIS, and re-imported the planet using today's osm2pgsql and
replaced my old mapnik map file with a modified copy of the latest
from SVN - still I get the same strange rendering.

Any ideas what might be broken here?

Bye
Frederik