[OSM-dev] map projection and scale distortion

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivansanchez at escomposlinux.org
Wed Apr 16 17:25:47 BST 2008

<quote who="Raghu Ram">

>  I flushed my browser cache. Still i cannot see any dynamic scale bar.
> Its static in the sense that the scale doesn't change with the latitude
> in focus.

Yes, the projection (EPSG:900913) is the same spherical mercator as
google's. Yes, the slippy map scale should change with the latitude in
focus.

However, keep in mind that OpenLayers 2.6 was released, and deployed into
OSM's slippy map just today - give it a couple o' days, and the scale bar
will change depending on the latitude.

Un ordenador no es un televisor ni un microondas, es una herramienta
compleja.