[OSM-dev] Polygons in OSM don't necessarily comply to simple feature specification

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:31:55 BST 2008

On Thu, 2008-04-17 at 00:07 +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> So much for OGC stuff in general. About Simple Features specifically,
> I guess there simply was nobody who wanted to do the extra work. I
> remember Artem complaining about self-intersecting stuff once and I
> think the offending items are sorted out somewhere in osm2pgsql, are
> they not?

I have a feeling that the relevant lines of code may be disabled at the
moment in osm2pgsql. It was implemented by some of the commented out
noded() lines in build_geometry.cpp. I think I removed them when I had
some problems getting this to work with the 0.5 relation handling and
never found the need to put them back again.

	Jon