[OSM-dev] Potlatch compiling setup

Dave Stubbs osm.list at randomjunk.co.uk
Thu Apr 17 09:57:30 BST 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 9:20 AM, Martijn van Exel <mvexel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard (others),
>
>  Could you tell me, what do you need to compile Potlatch from svn?
>  I would like to contribute a help popup (inspired by the popup behind
>  the '?' key in google reader).

latest ming library, Ming 0.4.0.beta5 [1], with the perl bindings
should do the trick. Oh, and a text editor that supports setting tabs
as 4 spaces ;-)
You'll also need an osm server rails install to run it against --
replace the potlatch.swf in the public/potlatch directory with the
compiled swf you make.

Then for ming action script fun remember the golden rules:
 - only one return per function unless you want some very confusing results
 - similarly don't ever use the break keyword
 - run for loops over local vars only so as not to have to remember
the complex scoping rules which can stop them working

In true SteveC style: Have fun!

Dave

[1] http://www.libming.org/moin.cgi/Releases