[OSM-dev] An Introduction

Sunburned Surveyor sunburned.surveyor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 20:02:36 BST 2008

I'm a Java programmer that is interested in contributing to Open
Street Map. I've already sent an e-mail to the JOSM mailing list, as I
think I would be the most productive there. I did subscribe to this
development mailing list as well, and I wanted to at least make an
introduction. I'm still in the process of learning about OSM and how
it works, but I thought I might list areas I am interested in:

[1] Parsing and conversion of different geospatial file formats, like
ESRI Shapefiles, Autodesk DXF files, WKT, and GML.
[2] Efforts to incorporate TIGER data into OSM.
[3] Tools that allow management of metadata and quality control for OSM.

If there is a particular need for programmer assistance in one of
these areas, please let me know.

The Sunburned Surveyor