[OSM-dev] "See Data", a UI for browsing OSM data in the main map

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Apr 22 15:14:01 BST 2008

My project over the weekend and yesterday:

http://home.crschmidt.net:3000/?lat=51.51286700015569&lon=-0.10606014999999998&zoom=18

 * Click "See Data" (lower right)
 * Choose an item from the list, or select by clicking in the map
 * See attributes of data
 * Click "Back to Object List"
 * Click "Hutton Street"
 * Click "History"
 * See history of way
 * Click the ID link
   (http://home.crschmidt.net:3000/browse/way/4253961)
 * Click the history view (
   http://home.crschmidt.net:3000/browse/way/4253961/history)
 * View Larger Map to go back

Thanks to Blackadder and RichardF for the early feedback.

I've heard a fair amount of positive feedback on a feature like this,
allowing one to see the data on the map. Obviously, one of the longer
term features of something like this is to also allow editing of
attributes from an interface like this, but for now, I'm looking
primarily to target viewing the data.

Thoughts?

Regards,
--